Children of Lima non-profit organisation attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data.
In this privacy statement we want to give clear and transparent information about which data we collect and how we deal with personal data.
We do everything in our power to guarantee your privacy and therefore handle your personal data with care.
Children of Lima non-profit organisation complies in all cases with the applicable laws and regulations, including the general data protection regulation.
This implies that we will in any case:
- process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they have been provided, these purposes and type of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- processing of your personal data is limited to those data that are at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- ask for your explicit consent if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- not pass on personal data to third parties; unless this is necessary for carrying out the purposes for which they have been provided;
- are aware of your rights concerning your personal data, wish to inform you of them and respect them.
As Children of Lima non-profit organisation we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, you have questions about this or wish to contact us, you can do so via the contact details mentioned on our website.
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data will be processed by Children of Lima non-profit organisation for the following purposes and legal grounds:
- Inviting you to participate in the activities of Children of Lima non-profit organisation; as well as planning volunteer activities, contacting and communicating with volunteers;
- to inform you about our projects;
For the above purposes, we may request the following personal information from you:
- personal identity information: surname, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail
We use the collected data only for the purposes for which we obtained the data. The volunteer or member is expected to immediately, spontaneously and in writing notify Children of Lima non-profit organisation of any change in his/her personal data.
Provision to third parties
The data you provide to us may be disclosed to third parties if this is necessary for the performance of the purposes described above.
For example, we cooperate with a third party to whom we outsource the following tasks:
- The deployment of volunteers in Lima
- The collection of donations in Lima
Furthermore, Children of Lima non-profit organisation does not provide personal data to third parties, anywhere in the world. This means that we have not concluded a processing agreement with any other party.
We will only pass on the data provided by you to third parties if this is legally required and permitted.
If the police request (personal) data from us within the framework of an investigation, we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this data.
Children of Lima non-profit organisation does not keep personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it is provided or required by law.
As a rule, your personal data will be deleted three years after its last use.
Security of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, such as the following:
- All persons who may take cognisance of your data on behalf of Children of Lima non-profit organisation are bound to secrecy;
- We have a username and password policy on all our systems;
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures;
- Our collaborators are informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
Your rights concerning your data
- You have the right to access the personal data relating to you.
- You have the right to correct and supplement if your details prove to be incorrect or incomplete.
- You may demand that your personal data be deleted when they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed, when there is no longer a legitimate purpose for the processing, when you revoke your consent regarding the processing of certain data and when the organisation cannot rely on another legitimate purpose for the processing.
- You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted if you dispute the accuracy of those data or if you object to the processing of the data so that the data can only be processed with your consent, in order to establish the exercise or defence of rights before a court or to protect the rights of another person.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your particular situation, except for personal data necessary for compliance with the organisation’s contractual or legal obligations.
- You may receive the personal data you have provided to us, which we process automatically, in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
You can find our contact details on our website.
During our activities we take pictures to inform our members and supporters about past activities, to get them excited about future events and to raise funds. These atmospheric images may appear in newsletters and/or on our website. By participating in our activities you tacitly give us permission to take and publish these non-posed, spontaneous pictures. For targeted photos (e.g. group photos) we need your explicit permission according to the privacy law. If you do not wish to be photographed or if you do not wish to see a photo of you or your family members on our site, please contact the president of Children of Lima non-profit organisation.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, please contact us directly.
You have the right to log a complaint at any time with the Data Protection Authority, which is the data protection supervisory authority.
Modification of privacy statement
Children of Lima non profit organisation can change its privacy statement at any time. An announcement of this change will be made on our website.
On the website of Children of Lima non-profit organisation a number of references to other websites of organisations can be found. Children of Lima non-profit organisation is not responsible for the way those parties process personal data. It is best to read the privacy statement of the organisation concerned.